Wondering if A2 Hosting might be the best provider for your site? You’ve got good taste: Of the twelve web hosts we looked at in our research, A2 Hosting ranks a respectable fourth.
When looking for the right hosting provider, it is easy for every option to start sounding the same as the other. We are here to cut the noise and provide you with the facts so you can make the most informed and correct decision possible, and that’s an excellent decision for your website!
Pros & Cons
Anytime Money Back Guarantee: You can get a full refund within the first 30 days of creating an account and a pro-rated refund anytime after that. This massive set of A2 Hosting is apart from its competitors.
Responsive service for customers: A2 Hosting’s “Guru Crew” customer support team is highly regarded and always ready to help
Super Secure Servers: A2 Hosting takes extra steps to ensure that its server, and therefore your website, are both digitally and physically secure
Slightly clunky registration process: cluttered homepage and slow disclosure of pricing information makes account registration more complicated than necessary
Availability is no longer competitive: A2 hosting has high uptime, which will be fine, but uptime is best. Your top priority or option, other providers, like HostGator and Bluehost, can assure you an even better percentage.
A2 Hosting’s anytime money-back guarantee is a big plus and is part of the reason why we provide this provider a 3.9/5 value for money. It’s not a category ignore – 88% of respondents cited price as the most crucial factor when choosing a hosting provider.
2 Hosting at a glance
A2 Hosting began as inquinet in a small two-room office in Ann Arbor, Michigan, in 2001. The company is still an independent operation based in Ann Arbor, but yes is expanding to include data centers in the state of North America, Europe, and Asia.
General ranking 4 out of 12 hosting providers
Hosts Prices start at $2.99 per month (renewing at $8.99 per month) Shared, WordPress, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated, and Reseller.
- Hosting Plans
- Service and Support 24-hour Customer Service Team /7
- Features cPanel Control Panel, free site migration, SSL
- Uptime 99.90% Guarantee
- GB to top
Uptime and Speed
Uptime is not A2 Hosting’s “wow” factor, but this provider still covers all the bases needed to deliver a standard service. A2 Hosting’s availability will never leave your site behind the curve – it’s just average.
A2 Hosting reports 99.90% uptime, which translates to just under nine hours of downtime per year. From what we’ve seen, the provider performed even better, with an average uptime of 99.95%. These are impressive data that 100% uptime is impossible to achieve, and no hosting provider can promise that.
However, the most competitive uptime is in the 99.9799.99% range, so A2 hosting is pretty central in this area. If uptime is your top priority, it is worth learning about HostGator, which offers 99.99% uptime.
Loading speed is another factor to consider when choosing a web host. It’s also important because just over half of visitors will leave a page that takes more than three seconds to load.
A2 Hosting provides an easy Cloudflare setup from your cPanel control panel to ensure fast download speeds. Cloudflare is known as the Content Delivery Network (CDN) recommended by A2 Hosting, and you can choose between its “Free” and “Premium” tiers depending on your needs.
Types and Features
- A2 Hosting offers six numerous types of hosting: shared, WordPress, VPS, cloud, dedicated, and reseller. It can be not easy to decide which of the ones is best for your website, so we have just outlined the basics of each type below:
- Shared hosting is one of the most affordable and beginner-friendly types of hosting, but you will eventually get over it if you consider your site. $2.99/month.
- WordPress Hosting is designed for WordPress websites and blogs, so if you already have a site with WordPress or want to start one, this is your best option. A2 Hosting offers shared and managed WordPress plans to choose from. Pricing starts at $2.99 per month.
- VPS hosting is ideal for small business sites. It goes more than the basics of shared hosting but isn’t as expensive as dedicated plans. In our research, A2 Hosting’s VPS plans have an average duration of 99.95%. Pricing starts at $4.99 per month.
- Cloud hosting is known great for scalability and flexibility. Your website is stored on multiple servers, which means you can pull assets from different locations. This makes it perfect if your site is experiencing heaps of dips in things like traffic. Pricing starts at $4.99/month.
- A dedicated hosting site is the most expensive type of hosting and the most scalable and robust. According to our research, A2 Hosting’s dedicated plans averaged 99.94% uptime. Pricing starts at $99.59 per month.
- Reseller Hosting means you rent hard drive space and bandwidth from A2 Hosting, but it doesn’t stop there, unlike all other hosting plans. You will then rent this space to a third party (for example, a small business) as if you were the host. Reseller hosting is only necessary for budding web hosting companies or developers. Pricing starts at $18.99 per month.
A2 Hosting Features
- Every A2 Hosting plan is provided with a free cPanel control panel and SSL certificate. You’ll also still get the free site migration option, which is pretty generous considering some providers charge upwards of $100 for this service! A2 Hosting offers eco-friendly “green hosting” solutions and special discounts for non-profit activities.
- Other features vary by hosting type and rate plan, as with all providers. A2 Hosting scores 4.3/5 in our feature research, which puts it at the center of the package – you’ll get what you need, but you might have to pay a little extra to get your site up and running to the next level.
- A2 Hosting’s shared and WordPress plans also include unlimited SSD storage and transfer and a cPanel control panel. These are pretty standard inclusions in the industry. As you move up the shared goals and WordPress pricing plan, you will also get unlimited email accounts for you and automatic site backups.
- A2 Hosting’s included three VPS plans, and four dedicated programs offer a mix of root access, cPanel control panel, and complete HostGuard management.
When you subscribe to a plan with A2 hosting, you will have the option of:
- Pay in the month
- Pay one year in advance
- Pay two years in advance
- Pay three years in advance advance
Three years seem like a huge commitment, so what’s the appeal? The more time you commit, the lower the prices will be. For example, the leading Startup Shared plan starts at $2.99/mo when you pay upfront for three years, compared to $10.99 per month when you pay monthly. We still feel that two or three years is a long time to commit to initially, but choosing a plan with annual billing is probably wiser for your wallet.
It is also essential; to note that hosting providers tend to have confusing promotional pricing, and A2 Hosting is no longer an exception. Promotional prices of them are first-term prices that renew at significantly higher rates. For example, we mentioned earlier that $2.99 per month becomes $8.99 after your three years are up. It can be frustrating, but once when you figure it out, you’ll be better equipped to pick the plan that’s right for your budget.
Security of A2 hosting
Additionally, to the free SSL certificate included with every plan, A2 Hosting has created its perpetual security initiative, which goes above and to keep your site secure. Your account includes free HackScan protection, running 24/7 to prevent attacks on your site as part of this initiative. A2 Hosting, Perpetual Security thing, consists of a whole host (get it?) Other metrics from the virus scan you’d expect to more unusual items like:
Dual Hosting Firewalls: Your A2 Hosting account includes an additional firewall server to block unauthorized users in addition to a general network firewall.
Limited Server Access: Instead of passwords, A2 Hosting staff members use keys to access servers. Keys are more safe and secure than passwords because they work as a conversation between the computer and the server, rather than just a code (password) that anyone could potentially guess.
Server Hardening: This means hardening network settings and access control to increase server security.
Enhanced DDoS Protection: Distributed Denial of Service (or DDoS) attacks occur when a large volume of fake traffic is sent to a web server, using server resources so that legitimate traffic cannot access it.
You can’t go wrong with A2 Hosting, but that doesn’t mean it’s the best provider for everyone. Overall, A2 Hosting’s rating of 4.3 out of 5 in our rankings is well deserved and has some specific strengths.
A2 Hosting is for you if…
Customer support is significant to you
Security is essential to you
You are interested in cloud hosting or reseller
A2 Hosting is not for you…
Availability is your n Priority. 1: For that, you might want to check out HostGator
If you’re unsure what you think of A2 hosting, their anytime money-back guarantee makes them a great low-risk provider. Try firsthand.