Semrush was founded by Oleg Shchegolev and Dmitry Melnikov. Semrush software provides services regarding online visibility and marketing analytics software subscriptions. According to Semrush review, it has been recognized as the best SEO suite by prestigious industry awards such as the:
- US Search Awards 2019
- MENA Search Awards 2019
- SEMY Awards 2019.
Table of Contents
Semrush vs Ahref:
“Semrush and Ahrefs are two renowned SEO and online marketing tools, often pitted against each other for keyword research. Catering to online marketers, social media experts, bloggers, and more, these premium solutions offer a wide array of features to kickstart your digital strategy.”
|It is used to check the best keywords, organic competitors, and position changes.
|It is a dashboard for quickly seeing the health of a website and ranking in search engines
|t and helps in advertising research with ad budgets and keywords.
|It alerts for things like backlinks and new keywords.
|It provides backlink tools for conducting the analysis.
|It is a site explorer to see an in-depth look into backlinks and search traffic.
|It helps with keyword research with support for long-tail keywords.
|It is a content explorer with excellent suggestions.
|It assists in keyword checking with keyword difficulty and related recommendations.
|It is a keyword explorer to find the keywords that will give you the best results.
|It helps in domain vs. domain comparisons.
|It is a search engine rank tracker.
|It is an SEO writing assistant and a content analyzer
|It is great for finding SEO issues.
|It is great for search engine position tracking.
|It helps to make reports with charts.
|It is an excellent resource for a site audit to see your SEO health. suggest
|It is an assisting tool for domain comparisons.
Semrush offers many tools dedicated to locating your competitors and discovering what they do right and wrong. Multiple websites can be compared, and it’s possible to get content recommendations from your competitors and track the overall market.
Many professional Online Marketers suggest using Semrush; the following are the sample reviews provided by people performing different roles & used the software for 2+ years:
- Brooks M. (Digital Marketing Specialist) considered this tool as “Truly an all-in-one digital marketing platform”
- Alex P. (Marketing Communications Manager) considered Semrush as “Invaluable marketing data all bundled into one uber-powerful tool”
- Jeff G. (Head of Growth) considered Semrush as “An Absolute Must for Any Marketing Team”
As per Capterra, this tool has a rating of 4.56 out of 5 with 840 reviews.
As per G2, Semrush has a rating of 4.5 out of 5 with 679 review
This tool offers these options for monthly subscriptions:
- Pro for $119:
It is good for freelancers, startups, and in-house marketers with limited budgets.
- Guru for $229:
It is great for SMBs and growing marketing agencies.
- Business starting at $449:
This is best for agencies, E-commerce projects, and businesses with an extensive web presence.
- Enterprise upon request:
This plan provides a custom solution to fit the marketing needs of the business.
They can be purchased with a monthly subscription and will be billed automatically on the same calendar day of every month, or can choose an annual plan, and pay yearly.
This tool academy provides a free training series regarding the most common SEO tasks to help in become a fully-equipped SEO pro.
- Site Audit Course: Learn to get the most out of the Semrush Site Audit tool.
- SEO Toolkit Program: Understand how to boost your SEO with Semrush tools.
- SEO Fundamentals Program: Study all about SEO in a series of video lessons.
- Mobile SEO Training: Explore how to top the rankings in mobile searches.
- Keyword Research Course: Learn how to conduct keyword research.
- Backlink Management program: Study all about backlink management and link building.
- Technical SEO Tutorial: Learn a detailed overview of technical SEO.
- Overview Course: Understand analytics reports and project tools.
- Competitive Analysis and Keyword Research Program: Study to take the first, most important, steps in SEO competitive analysis.
- On-Page and Technical SEO Tutorial: Understand how to improve and maintain the website’s health.
- Link Building Course: Explore how to build a relevant backlink profile for a website.
- Rank Tracking Program: Understand the evaluation of ongoing SEO campaigns.
- Mobile, International, and Local SEO Training: Learn how to optimize websites
- Management, Reporting, and Collaboration Course: Understand how to manage projects, facilitate your team processes, and organize reporting with these tools.
- Content Marketing Toolkit Program: Learn to gain an understanding of these tools for content marketers.
- Advertising Toolkit Program: Study how to use Semrush PPC.
- Social Media Toolkit Tutorial: Explore how to use the Semrush SMM toolkit.
These courses and their details are available on the website to be enrolled.
Semrush Pro 30 days trial:
This trial will cover:
- Analyzing 10 domain analytics each day
- Creating 1 list with the keyword magic tool
- Performing 2 searches in topic research
- Tracking the position of 10 keywords
- Crawling 100 pages for site auditing, and much more.
It just needs to register for a free account and unlock the potential of Semrush’s free keyword research tool. After a 30-day free trial, the card will be charged, but users have the option to cancel and avail themselves of a 7-day money-back guarantee if they are not interested in continuing.
Upon successful completion of a chosen exam, the user will get a first-hand Semrush certificate,
proving the user’s knowledge of the award-winning software suite. Follow these simple steps to get certified:
- Get registered or log in using the existing Semrush account.
- Choose the desired Training program and after completion take the exam. Or go directly to the exam.
- Answer all the questions within the given time frame and see if passed.
- Receive a personal tool certificate.
Keyword research with SEMRUSH:
Keyword Magic is a great tool for detailed keyword analysis and for building master lists.
Once done, users can explore the suggested groups and subgroups of related topics to find niche long-tails and ideas for PPC ad groups. Users can sort groups by volume or by the number of keywords; groups that are not needed can be excluded with an eye icon.
Read our next article ” ActiveCampaign: Best Email Marketing Software “